25th – 30th May 2021
- Old Man Flanagan’s Ghost a Celtic band from Toronto Canada – livestream Tuesday 25th May midnight UK, Hope they will be with us in Barbados May 2022
- Riddell Fiddles kick off the festival with a tune from Selkirk in the Scottish Borders – Riddell Fiddles have been with us in Barbados since 2017 when they brought the full band, and more recently running schools workshops culminating in School concerts
- HEIDI TALBOT the awesome Irish vocalist, sang with us 2013 in Holders House
- City of Bradford Pipe Band – clips from Haworth West Yorkshire, and Water Festival in Skipton UK – members of the band join our Big Band in the annual street parade
- Chef Paul Wedgwood – gives us a Scottish Recipe for shortbread made with Barbados Sugar and a touch of the old rum from Mount Gay. Paul has worked with local chefs in Barbados during the festival to create the first ever Bajan haggis from the black belly sheep
- Riddell Fiddles – from Scottish Borders – SELKIRK – play a couple of folk tunes outdoors in Scotland
- Piper Ruth Wright – solo piper from Bishop Aukland plays us a tune on the pipes – Ruth has played with us in the Big Band Street parade
- Haverford West Male Voice Choir WALES – zoom video of choir singing – were planning to be with us this year and we hope will come over in 2022
- Gary Northland – sings Galway Shawl . Gary also plays with Riddell Fiddles.
- Eddi Reader – the iconic Scottish folk singer gives us something new Cavalier- Eddi was with us 2011
- Suzuki Fiddlers Barbados – the youngsters learning violin in Barbados join us as they have for many years sharing tunes with us.
- Piper Duncan Mackinnon – playing pipes in the caves at Staffa island Scotland. Duncan was with us in Barbados in 2011.
- And his folk band – Killin Thyme
- Reading Scottish Pipe Band – from Surrey regularly take part in our Big Pipe Band in Barbados
- Peatbog Faeries – from Skye – Peter Morrison and Ross Couper – were with us in Barbados 2012 – award winning band playing contemporary folk music with some African influence on the electric guitar
- Alan Kelly Gang from Ireland – played with us at Holders House 2013 – one of the top accordion players in the Folk scene with Steph Geramia
- Hamish Stuart former founder member of the Average White Band – of song “Pick up the Pieces” fame gives us something old and something new! played Barbados 2018
- Da Birlinn (Piper Peter Morrison, from the Isle of Skye, Fiddler Ross Couper- Shetland islands, and Seamus) 2017 – a wee pub gig in Scotland to give you a feel for the roots of folk music
- Jeana Leslie FARA from the Orkney islands, were with us 2016 Jeana is a multi talented award winning fiddler and vocalist
- More from the iconic Scottish folk singer Eddi Reader
- ARTURO TAPPIN -the eponomous saxophonist from Barbados who regular plays Edinburgh Festival – Joined with us with Hamish Stuart and the late great Molly Duncan in 2018
- Blue Rose Code – Ross Wilson – a new talent with an awesome voice – someone we hope will be in Barbados for 2022
- Public House Orchestra – Paul Hughes – who has been with us in Barbados to film for STV – an amazing film producer as well as talented musician. This footage looks at Glasgow Scotland during the peak of Lockdown.
- Barbados Defence Force band – who host and partner with us in our annual Street Parade
- Strathallan School pipe band – from Perthshire Scotland give us “Beautiful Barbados” – some of their young pipers have joined us in our Big Band Barbados in the Street Parade through Bridgetown
- Karen Myatt – some beautiful songs from Nova Scotia, Canada. Karen has Celtic roots
Join as an individual, with friends and family, with your mini band or your full pipe band.
Its a rich cultural exchange of music and food between the wonderful Bajans with their rich Celtic history, and the current music from around the world.
If you would like to join our main Events please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.